Clan WMD Forum: Member's Only | Owning noobs since 2007!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchDonate today!MemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rented Servers

Go down 

Would you like a BF3 "WMD" clan server(s)?
Yes!
100%
 100% [ 6 ]
No!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't know (need more info)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
xX-Alto-Xx

PostSubject: Rented Servers   Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Having just played in a couple rented servers I have seen the potential of having at least one.

Before I was playing FPS's online on consoles, I was playing them on computers and this concept was in place for years. I have been part of clans that have had 1,2,3 or even more "clan servers" where clanmates and joe shmoes could jump in and have a great fun time of gaming. Servers were setup in a way that made the game, gameplay, and situations unique.

I have seen, read, and heard about the customization available and while it isn't exactly up to par on what PC gamers can do it comes pretty damn close. I have seen servers with clan websites in the title along with a clan banner. The ability to kick people when a clanmate wants to join is there along with all the usual things like map rotation, modes, and ticket counts. (just played in a server with 1025 starting tickets.)

So as you can see, we can use this to a great advantage for us. This IS THE BEST way to promote our clan as of right now. I have seen it before and am seeing it now. This is a powerful tool for recruitment.

All I ask is if you guys want to take fool advantage of this opportunity. I am willing to rent a server for 90 days and setup to where it can help us recruit new members and expand our gaming community. I won't be able to do it today but I have some money coming in in less than a month that I would be more than happy to use for this venture.

I will put it up to vote for you guys to decided.

Also if this is successful ,and you guys want to continue with it down the road, I'm pretty sure we can setup a paypal so that clan members can donate whatever amount they can afford so that the clan server(s) can stay operational. Besides the prices I have seen are not that bad compared to others.

Just throwing it out there right now. Let me know what you guys think and add to this idea with your own. I'm always up for anything to help us cement our place in the gaming community and to further our growth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
venomousimmortal
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: Rented Servers   Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:17 am

This is a wonderful idea, Alto!

The Paypal donations idea is definitely the way to go.

Before we do anything, lets see what the other members have to say. As far as I'm concerned though it's a done deal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clanwmd.tk/
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Rented Servers   Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:48 pm

I think it is defiantly the way to grow and get our name out there, however I feel awkward in voting for it because of where I currently am financially being a med student full time, 3 kids, a house, 2 vehicles etc... I would vote yes but I feel as though I am voting with someone else's money. I commend your offer of the first 90 days and would do the same in time when I can do it for the clan... Hell at that time when I am done I just buy the damn server for us Smile But if the clan is good with it I am good with it, but again I don't want to vote with someone else's money if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rented Servers   

Back to top Go down

Rented Servers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Weapons of Mass Destruction :: Mess Hall-
Jump to: