Weapons of Mass Destruction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan WMD Forum: Member's Only | Owning noobs since 2007!

HomeSearchLatest imagesDonate today!RegisterLog in

Recruit to Member status; How?

Go down 
+8
Spaz27
og_gold
jay_quest2
xX-Alto-Xx
Panther14
C_Darrow
Dr_Klepto
venomousimmortal
12 posters
AuthorMessage
venomousimmortal
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
venomousimmortal

Recruit to Member status; How? Empty
PostSubject: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:20 pm

So, how do you feel we should approve recruits to full membership status now?

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

-V.
Back to top Go down
http://clanwmd.tk/
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 pm

With the lack of activity on the forums it may be easier to make it done via a time in service with WMD rather than voting or posting times played with are they a good teammate or a deuch bag etc. I would say a month or so of service time would be sufficient.
Back to top Go down
venomousimmortal
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
venomousimmortal

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Dr_Klepto wrote:
With the lack of activity on the forums it may be easier to make it done via a time in service with WMD rather than voting or posting times played with are they a good teammate or a deuch bag etc. I would say a month or so of service time would be sufficient.

I was thinking that as well; however, I want to see if anyone has any other ideas before committing to it. Some of the best ideas we've had have come randomly in this way. More than likely it will happen as you said, but we'll see. I'm gonna give it 7 days until it's final.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Roger that
Back to top Go down
C_Darrow
C_Darrow

PostSubject: Field activity is best estimation   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Forum participation is a great bonus.
Back to top Go down
Panther14

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:54 am

I dont think that forum participation should be a requirement, really. Nobody wants to do something because they have to, but when people get on here i dont doubt that they will continue to do it because they want to. The forum has been a bit dry lately, but i think that will clear itself up as more people join up.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 am

I agree
Back to top Go down
xX-Alto-Xx

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:00 pm

1 month of game time with WMD should suffice for now.
Back to top Go down
venomousimmortal
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
venomousimmortal

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:06 pm

xX-Alto-Xx wrote:
1 month of game time with WMD should suffice for now.

Agreed. It seems that you can tell a lot about a player in a month.
Back to top Go down
jay_quest2

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 pm

I think Forum participation should be a requirment or atleast a minimal of loggin in once or twice a week or every other week, atleast check everyonce a while so you know whats going on within the clan???
it sure helped me get to know most of you guys better and learned alot of things this way, like if we have members that never log on to the forum then how will they know about changes made within the clan and such ?

Then again I don't really have an alternative..so yeah...

p.s my own forum participation & ps3 have been lacking lately, i'm having internet connections problems ever since we switched phone company gah...
Back to top Go down
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:37 pm

I think if we leave the forum as an open option then those in the clan that want to be truly intrenched in the clan can be, and those who just want to game with us can. Everyone has their own level of commitment and I think we are on a good path to allowing all walks of life to proudly display the WMD logo. Also on a side note I believe those that do make a post should get a good response from the clan. Like the new recruits coming onboard. If they post something give them a good response/welcome, which will make them want to post and get more involved.
Back to top Go down
C_Darrow
C_Darrow

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:32 am

Dr_Klepto wrote:
I think if we leave the forum as an open option then those in the clan that want to be truly intrenched in the clan can be, and those who just want to game with us can. Everyone has their own level of commitment and I think we are on a good path to allowing all walks of life to proudly display the WMD logo. Also on a side note I believe those that do make a post should get a good response from the clan. Like the new recruits coming onboard. If they post something give them a good response/welcome, which will make them want to post and get more involved.

Good idea.
Back to top Go down
og_gold
Recruit
Recruit
og_gold

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Maybe you can bring the bf3 platoons into play. Say u have four platoons for "members" which would be the four kits on bf3,assault, engineer etc. Then you have platoons for us "new recruits" and say with-in a month of being in a platoon the founder or whoever makes big decisions pick the "top" players to rank up to a "members" platoon that they performed the best in! I think it would make it a little more military-ish,since we are playing battlefield! But I am jus a new recruit speaking,klepto talked me into it! Lol.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:16 pm

I like Gold's idea, this will give us the month of review that we have been throwing around and would also afford us the ability to rank up, I mean not everyone that you recruit will work out. I think it is like trying out for the clan so to say. Also the idea of the separate platoons for each class will showcase individuals strong suits. For example if you look at my k/d and skill level compared to V or panther, Darrow etc. I am a noob however, if you look at my "support" stats I am top 2% of all BF3 players in repairs per minute and revives per minute and top 3% in resupplies per minute. I play what I think is a strong support roll with killing second, I feel that is the best way I can help my team win. So comparing all WMD members against each other may show our clan as a bit weaker than it actually is, but showcasing parts of the clan in platoons may be a more accurate way of displaying the strength of WMD and its members. The platoon "grouping" will also give a good benchmark in which to review the gameplay of the new recruits. Nicely done Gold these are the type of ideas that set us apart and is why we have survived for so long. If the majority agrees I can get with V and setup the platoons on Battle log, but please speak up soon as I go back to school on Monday and will not be as active as I have been of late.
Back to top Go down
Spaz27
2nd-in-Command
2nd-in-Command

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:47 pm

og_gold wrote:
Maybe you can bring the bf3 platoons into play. Say u have four platoons for "members" which would be the four kits on bf3,assault, engineer etc. Then you have platoons for us "new recruits" and say with-in a month of being in a platoon the founder or whoever makes big decisions pick the "top" players to rank up to a "members" platoon that they performed the best in! I think it would make it a little more military-ish,since we are playing battlefield! But I am jus a new recruit speaking,klepto talked me into it! Lol.

I like the month idea, but solely choosing someone on numbers may not be the best way to pick people out, because we want to get a feel for their personality, seeing as we have had some people in the past that just didn't quite fit the ticket right for us. Still a good idea though Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:57 pm

I Think we are on the same page, I was not implying that players that don't put up good numbers get kicked or something like that just give us something to review. But just brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
llOdenll
llOdenll

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Blam. We do need forum participation to have an active clan. But to have it as a basis to be in a clan is like picking that white guy to play basketball.....you just don't do it. Darrow's pulling alot of recruits and now that I am finally done with my stuff and on the road, hopefully I can help bring some stuff to the table.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 pm

I too will be able to start up the recruiting again once I am done with boards on June 28th.
Back to top Go down
KitKat712
Secretary
Secretary

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Spaz27 wrote:
og_gold wrote:

I like the month idea, but solely choosing someone on numbers may not be the best way to pick people out, because we want to get a feel for their personality, seeing as we have had some people in the past that just didn't quite fit the ticket right for us. Still a good idea though Wink

I'm with Spaz on this because let's be honest, I'm really not the best player, and if we went based off numbers I sure as hell would not have been let in. But I think anyone who plays with me knows that I'm a team player. I'm always willing to spawn in as a medic or assault or whatever someone needs at the time to help further the team. I really think we should stick with going based on playing with them for a month and seeing how it goes. Within a month we should be able to tell if they're a team player and if they have the right personality to match with us since let's be honest we're all a little weird and crazy.
Back to top Go down
Hibby-_-
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:50 pm

KitKat712 wrote:
let's be honest we're all a little weird and crazy.

That's an understatement Laughing
Back to top Go down
C_Darrow
C_Darrow

PostSubject: Weird and crazy   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:34 am

I thought I won that contest!
Back to top Go down
wounded-soul
wounded-soul

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:25 am

I like the month idea because seeing as how i use to be an avid forum participant to now being barely here the month idea definitley will allow everyone to see how a person is and how they play. Keep in mind their life though...maybe they have a job like mine where they work 15 on and get 5 days off which is really about three if you count travel days so make sure they get 30days of play time and not the month of april and then have ya'll say "well they only played 10 of 30 days and they were idiots.." cuz that ain't fair. but yeh...nay on forum participation..specially since its totally on the other end of the spectrum from how it use to be when i initially joined. just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruit to Member status; How?   Recruit to Member status; How? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recruit to Member status; How?
Page 1 of 1