Weapons of Mass Destruction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan WMD Forum: Member's Only | Owning noobs since 2007!

HomeSearchLatest imagesDonate today!RegisterLog in

Non working Clan Tag fix

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr_Klepto

Non working Clan Tag fix Empty
PostSubject: Non working Clan Tag fix   Non working Clan Tag fix I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:02 pm

I believe I have found a way to fix the issue of not being able to log into Battlelog because the email address and password does not match PSN. 1. Go to profile.ea.com and select "Forgot Password" then either
Enter an email address you may have used for your account OR
Select "Account Type" (XBL Gamertag or PSN ID) -- This is what I did for Grim
Enter your Gamertag or PSN ID, and submit
When you click submit it will tell you that an email has been sent to what ever type of email address your EA account, which by the was is the same thing as the Origin's account.

An Example:
When I was helping Grim I followed the instructions above and it told me that an email had been sent to a gmail account. Grim checked his gmail account and no email from EA was in his inbox, thus meaning he setup his EA account (which is different that the PSN) using a different gmail account. This helped him track down the correct email information for the original login.

I hope this helps someone.....Panther.... ur um anyone that can't set their clan tag.
Back to top Go down
C_Darrow
C_Darrow

PostSubject: Nice work   Non working Clan Tag fix I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Panther14

PostSubject: Re: Non working Clan Tag fix   Non working Clan Tag fix I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Ill try and give this a go within the next couple days and ill get back on it.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Klepto

PostSubject: Re: Non working Clan Tag fix   Non working Clan Tag fix I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Ok so I spent about a total of 2 hours helping Grim and WestSydeRyda (new recruit) getting into Battlelog. This is what I have seen as the problem.

First the original ea account created was done with an email address which they could not get into so they create a new ea account that is bound to their new email address like gmail or something. However, when you create a new ea account it ask you for a originID, this is the persona that ea talks about BUT it is only a master id for ea and NOT bound to your psn gamer tag. I know this sounds confusing because it is and took me some time to figure it out.

So if you can log into ea with your old email address (the above post about retrieving it will help narrow down what address was originally setup with) you will be asked to create a new originid. This is important because this name can be anything and DOES NOT HAVE TO BE YOUR CURRENT GAMER TAG! This screw me up for about an hour. Just make anything and once you get in set your email address to your current psn email address. A quick mention about the last statement is that you may have to log in to your "current but not useful ea account" and change that email address to something else, don't care what.

Once you have changed your email address on the old original ea account you can log into battle log, it will tell you that your ea origin name is logged in and the "ACTIVE SOLDIER" is your psn gamer tag.

Example is When Grim logs into ea it shows his name as Grimskullbad, this is how ea will identify him, however when he logs into battle log (which is an EA website) with the same account info he used to log into EA, it shows that GrimSkullbad is logged in and the active soldier is GrimSkullTBA because that was the psn gamer tag associated with the original ea account when it was setup.

I know this sounds confusing and I have done my best to explain this horrific issue that EA has but never the less I hope this helps. If anyone needs help please pm me and I will help you out. This is the list of things I will need to get it working just so you know, by the way we will text all sensitive information so it is not in cyberspace Wink

1. Your psn username and password
2. Your old email address and possible passwords (This is the critical part as I use the above post to determine which email address you most likely used before hand).
3. Your current email address

I will setup your new/current ea account to a bogus email address and send you the login info and then change your old ea account email address to reflect your current psn username and password so all is congruent.

I hope this help someone as it has helped Grim and Westsyde! Good luck all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non working Clan Tag fix   Non working Clan Tag fix I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non working Clan Tag fix
Page 1 of 1